GETTING BETTER - OPTIMIZE YOUR CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
Cardiovascular problems - # 1 cause of death:
ANTIOXIDANTS FOR YOUR HEART HEALTH
- High levels of antioxidants in the blood have been shown to help maintain cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin E and mixed tocopherols play a critical role in protecting LDL and cell membranes from oxidation, keeping arteries healthy.
- Vitamin C is also helpful in maintaining healthy veins and arteries by supporting healthy tissue growth and strengthening collagen. Vitamin C can help retain cardiovascular health by supporting healthy adrenal function and healthy arterial wall integrity.
- The B vitamins, especially riboflavin, folate, and vitamins B6 and B12, are fundamental to the maintenance of healthy levels of the amino acid homocysteine, provided they are healthy to begin with. Homocysteine levels have been linked to heart health.
- Vitamin B12 is also necessary for the health of red blood cells and DNA, the genetic material in all cells.
- Resveratrol is a polyphenolic compound found in berries, grape skin, and red wine that provides excellent support for heart health.
- Coenzyme Q10: plays a key role in producing cellular energy, demand for which is especially high in the heart, making this an important nutrient for cardiovascular health. In addition, cellular-energy production requires a full spectrum of B vitamin activities. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an essential part of the electron transport chain the mitochondria use to make ATP. Cells with the highest energy demands, such as in the heart, have the highest levels of CoQ10, which has been studied for years for its role in producing cellular energy for the heart and other muscles. Several human clinical trials demonstrate CoQ10’s effectiveness in the maintenance of good heart function.
- Sufficient levels of vitamin D have been shown to support cardiovascular health.
- Several clinical studies have shown omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for the heart and vascular system throughout our lives, and supportive—but not conclusive—research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. The American Heart Association issued new guidance on fish and fish oil consumption because results of large-scale epidemiological studies and randomized controlled studies showed that omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil support cardiovascular health.
- Grape seed extract helps retain healthy capillary strength and vascular function and supports healthy peripheral circulation. Research suggests a strong role for dietary bioflavonoids, including proanthocyanidins, in supporting and maintaining sound cardiovascular function.
- Calcium is maintaining healthy blood flow and blood clotting, which is important for cardiovascular health.
YOU ARE UNIQUE and you need a personalized health regimen that works just for you.